Saturday, June 4, 2011

2nd Birthday

Yesterday my husband and I celebrated our first son Joshua's 2nd birthday. We do this a little different then most parents because our son is in heaven. We gathered some of our family for dinner. After dinner we all get a helium filled balloon and write our thoughts/nots/love to our son. Everyone gets a balloon. Then we send them up together to Heaven.

It was a hard day. My husband and I were laying in bed this morning thinking about last night. Talking about our son. Thinking back on the week we said hello and goodbye to him for the first time. I could see my husband being more "strong & silent type" trying to hold back tears. So I said what we were both thinking. "It is harder today then it was yesterday." He rolled over and put his hand on my belly. "But this," he kissed my tummy, "helps ease the pain."

Our second son is due in two+ weeks. And we are so thrilled. It has been an emotional journey but we are so blessed. We are proud of Joshua, and we are so excited to meet his little brother soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment